Monday, December 31, 2012

White Walkers Redesign


Had some time over break to work on an online contest piece. White Walkers Redesign from Game of Thrones TVseries.  a TON of fun. I am not expecting anything but I enjoy the design challenge and love the subject material.


Edit: Just found out I recieved 3rd place for the Gnomonworkshop 2d image challenge. The gnomonworkshop is an amazing learning community for artists and it was amazing participating in such a fun event.

http://forums.thegnomonworkshop.com/showthread.php?t=7194

Overall, this contest was insanely fun and I  hope to be able to share my work with such an inspirational community once again.


Cheers
-Kevin Jick

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kevin, one semester at Art Center is really paying off already! The face texture and detail is wonderful. The whole design and color scheme is very cohesive and the blue eyes really pop. You're doing a great job controlling your values to make it clear.

    For as great as the face and body is, though, the hair feels a little rushed and underdeveloped. Everything else is so great, so don't skimp now! I think it's also distracting because it's next to the face / shoulder area which is really nicely detailed. I don't mind that the lower abdomen, staff or other Walker is out of focus since they're not, well, the focus of the piece. But the hair is right there on the head and probably deserves to be rendered out too.

    Overall, most impressive! Really great stuff man, I am jealous of your rapidly exploding skillz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam! Hey buddy, hope you had a good new years. Thanks for the kind words and crit man, you have a good eye for this stuff. I can see what you mean though, the hair could reallllly be improved. I cant wait till next semesters head painting class. So excited.

    I saw your own work buddy, your stuff is looking awesome. U signing up for CDA for spring?

    ReplyDelete